'there are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.' ~author unknown

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

...matchbox memories...

...so, i hate scrapbooks/scrapbooking/scrapbookers! there i said it!
it takes too long, the available papers and 'embellishments' are hideous,
your photos are always the wrong size, and really who has the time?


so all my photos sit in boxes, envelopes or on various hard drives and
flash drives. never to be touched and displayed. the task to exhausting 
to even consider.


now, add my obsession with packaging and particularly tiny boxes 
see my pinterest board tiny boxes little boxes 


and then the new brief i wrote for my students 


(using a matchbox as your format design a personality trait 
or a memory - as an introduction to concept) 
and... ta daaaaaa!

my idea for my matchbox memories was born. so the concept is to 'capture' 
a memory or day or event of your life and somehow design it using a 
matchbox as your format. simple, a small project, tiny in scale so you can 
print 1 0r even 10 photos small enough to fit in the box, add a sentimental
object or trinket which can stay inside the box and there you have it...
scrapbooking designer style...

dammit sometimes i even impress myself! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment